Updated: May 2, 2018
WILL THIS POLICY CHANGE?
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the terms of this User Agreement and the rules and policies posted on the Site, the Site rules and policies shall govern.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
AutoCrit may collect both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information (known as ‘personal data’ and ‘non-personal data’ outside of the US, and both referred to as ‘Personal Information’ within this policy) from our users (such as names, email addresses, etc.). We use this information to fill orders promptly, to provide customer service assistance, to improve the learning experience on the Service, and to improve the content of the Service to better meet our users’ need. This information is never sold or rented to outside parties.
We may collect the following data if relevant:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your physical address and/or geographical location
- Any username (such as a forum username) used to identify yourself in any of our services
- Your IP address
- Non-personally identifiable technical details about any device which you use to access our services, including: Internet and/or network connection; mobile device identifier; your operating system, browser type or other software; or your hardware or other technical details
- Details of your use of our services including, but not limited to, metrics data about when and how you use the services
- Details about your use of social networking and our services (if you have linked our services to a social networking account). This may potentially include certain data from Facebook or other social networks, strictly in accordance with Facebook’s and other networks’ terms and conditions
- Any other data which you supply us via our services.
We may collect and process data about you in the following ways:
- Data you give us via AutoCrit services, including consenting to processing of your data when downloading free AutoCrit resources
- Data given when you contact us or report a problem with AutoCrit services
- Data about your activity as a user of our services is collected automatically
- Data you give us as part of user surveys, polls, and similar activities. We may collect this data via our own services or through trusted partners connected with us.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between you and us
- To provide you with marketing information (including personalized and targeted marketing emails), which we feel may interest you. For example, we may send you newsletters or emails about AutoCrit offers. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us
- To inform you of updates or changes to our services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of AutoCrit services when you choose to do so
- To maintain, improve or modify our services
- To conduct competitions organized by us (including contact with participants, evaluation of entries, and distribution of prizes)
- For tax, legal and accounting purposes
- For the accountability purposes as defined by EU legislation (GDPR)
- To target and personalize our marketing communications, offers and advertisements that we display on our websites and services as well as those of third parties based on the combined data we have collected about you.
AutoCrit reserves the right to disclose any content, records, or electronic communication of any kind:
(i) To satisfy any legal request;
(ii) If such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to enforce license or service agreements; or
(iii) To protect the rights of AutoCrit or its users or partners.
AutoCrit, as the service provider, is the controller in respect of personal data that it processes in the provision of the Services for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, or any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation implementing the requirements of such regulation (the “GDPR”).
We may share your data with Trusted Partners, formally referred to as ‘Data Processors,’ who are engaged by us to help deliver our services and functionalities to you. We always provide our partners with the minimum data necessary for them to achieve the purpose of their cooperation with us, but you acknowledge that the following may have access to limited data about you and process it on our behalf:
- Our partners who provide us with internal management and data-sharing tools;
- Our partners who help us in data analysis by providing us with analytical tools;
- Our partners who help us manage our newsletters and email communications by providing us with email marketing tools;
- Our partners who assist us with development, maintenance, and support of the AutoCrit service platform;
- Our partners who assist us in the marketing and advertising of AutoCrit services;
- Our professional advisors who assist with legal, tax, audit or accounting matters;
- Social media platforms for the purpose of personalized and targeted marketing.
Note that your data will only be made available to Trusted Partners for the purpose of pursuing legitimate interests of AutoCrit and provision of its services. Your personal information is never sold or traded with third parties for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION AND EXTERNAL SERVICES
WILL AUTOCRIT SEND ME EMAILS?
We may contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We consider your acceptance of this Policy as your acceptance of our offer to send you these emails. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “Manage Email Preferences” link found within an AutoCrit email updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
AutoCrit does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Website.
USER CONTENT STORAGE AND TRANSFER
When you use the AutoCrit Website, User Content you transmit will be stored on secure servers, which are located in the United States.
Please be aware that Personal Information and User Content submitted to AutoCrit will be transferred to a data center in the United States. If you post or transfer any information you are confirming your consent to such information, including Personal Information and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States.
USER CONTENT SECURITY
AutoCrit is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us, including Personal Information and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit and storage. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
USER CONTENT DELETION
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CREDIT CARD SECURITY
AutoCrit utilizes Infusionsoft, a third party Level 1 e-commerce application service provider, for management of User Personal Information. As a Level 1 Service Provider, Infusionsoft complies with a rigorous set of standards set forth by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). In summary, these standards require:
- Data encryption
- Network firewalls
- Secure transmission, storage, and disposal of payment card data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain situations and for marketing purposes at any time. You can do so by contacting us by using the ‘Contact AutoCrit’ link at the bottom of any AutoCrit web page.
You also have the right to request more information on how your personal data is used, to access your data, to make amendments to it, to have us delete all of your data, or to have your data transferred to another entity. For any query of this type, please contact us and we will do everything we can to support you.